Sunday 22 February 2015

Alabbar: The Man Who Built the World’s Tallest Structure

“It’s interesting. My family lived in government housing. I remember when I graduated from university and I got my job, first thing I did was to borrow money and renovate my mother’s house. And I remember from those days, I really liked design, I liked adjustment.


“So I changed that government housing that we lived in and was able to convert it smartly. So I think design and construction is something that I like,”said Mohamed Alabbar, who sits atop Emmar Properties as well as Eagle Hills, both real estate companies with huge stakes in the property market in the UAE and 14 other countries.

We were in the middle of an interview session on the 13th floor of the 63-storey Address Downtown hotel, which is one of the most remarkable structures in the world. “We” in this case refers to Alabbar, some members of his staff and a team of media personnel from Nigeria who were in Dubai on a tour of Downtown Dubai in particular, and other Emmar developments.
Alabbar and his property companies are spreading their tentacles to Nigeria; the Centenary City development in Abuja is one of their projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment