Wednesday 1 July 2015

Gervinho Denies Helicopter And Private Beach Reports For Al-Jazira Deal

Reports that Gervinho's extravagant demands led to his transfer to Al-Jazira falling through have been denied by the club and player. It had been reported Gervinho had requested a helicopter and a private beach as part of his proposed move to Al-Jazira.
ESPN Report
However, the Ivory Coast international told France Football: "I read of helicopters, private beaches and plane tickets. I have no idea where that information comes from, but I have never demanded such things.  "When I sign a contract I don't care about those things: everything that has been said about me is false."
Al-Jazira added: "We confirm that we stopped negotiating with Gervinho but this was purely because of technical details and not because of the player's demands, as reported by some online sources."
The club had already reached an agreement with Roma for the serviceS of Gervinho for a fee in the region of €13 million. Gervinho signed for Roma from Arsenal in 2013 and last season he scored two goals in 24 Serie A starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment